IdDemandeAuto / Automatischer Stellencode 49759 Titre d'emploi / Stellentitel Research Scientist-Analytics Ville / Stadt Basel Régions / Staat Basel Stadt Pays / Land Switzerland Region Europe; Middle East; Africa Emplacement de la position / Art der Stelle Local Présentation de l'entreprise / Unternehmensüberblick Elanco Animal Health is a global animal health company that develops products and knowledge services to prevent and treat diseases in food animals and pets in more than 90 countries. Founded in 1954, we rigorously innovate to improve the health of animals and benefit our customers, while fostering an inclusive, cause-driven culture for more than 5,800 employees. Responsabilités / Verantwortlichkeiten Position Description:
To manage laboratory activities; to apply scientific/technical expertise to address complex analytical issues; to manage associates; to participate in cross-functional teams, as required; to contribute to R&D strategies and goals.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Plan, lead and assign tasks to subordinates or team members and establish target dates and priorities. Interpret results, evaluate data and draw relevant conclusions.
- Report and present scientific/technical results internally, may create external publications and patents and may present at scientific conferences or congresses. Write or support the generation of international registration documents. Interact with authorities where appropriate.
- Lead assigned associates including objectives setting, performance evaluations and development planning. May participate in recruiting process.
- Contribute to the optimization of project related scientific/technical activities and processes within function.
- Act as a cross-functional team member and/or lead local multi-disciplinary project team.
- Evaluate new scientific technologies, platforms and procedures. May participate in the evaluation of in licensing opportunities or due diligence.
- Ensure the compliance with external and internal guidelines (e.g. SOPs, GxP, HSE, and AW).
49759BRCompétences requises / Qualifikationen Education:
MS with continuing education or advanced degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Ph.D.) highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years experience (for MS); or minimum 3 years as PhD or equivalent.
- Recognized scientific/technical expertise in a specific area.
- Successfully demonstrated track record of creativity and problem solving in projects.
- Broad and profound knowledge of research and/or development activities and processes in a specific function.
- Strong presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
- Proven scientific leadership skills.
- Ability to work in inter-disciplinary teams.
Fluent spoken and written English essential, additional language desirable.Autres compétences / Zusätzliche Fähigkeiten/Präferenzen QbD
elanco Informations complémentaires / Zusätzliche Informationen
- GMP role: Analytical (Development) Manager
- Travel requirements: 0-15%
- Location: Basel, Switzerland