Head of Medical Sciences - Neurology Clinical Development
ProClinical seeking a Head of Medical Sciences for a clinical stage Swiss biotech company focused on the development of innovative therapeutics and diagnostics for Alzheimer's and other neurodegenerative diseases. The Head of Medical Sciences will be responsible for analysing clinical data, supporting clinical trial designs and directing medical competitive intelligence. The Head of Medical Sciences reports directly to the Medical Director, Head of the Clinical Department.
- Assess company clinical trial outcomes (clinical data review, clinical study report)
- Provide strategic input into clinical development:
- Support development of clinical trial designs through knowledge of clinical trials in Central Nervous System area with a specific focus in Alzheimer's Disease
- Support clinical trial strategy in collaboration with Medical Director, Senior management and Project Leaders
- Establish clinical development plans for future development of company compounds
- Synthetize key information and share knowledge to the Clinical Team, CEO, CSO
- Lead medical competitive intelligence review:
- Be responsible for the setup, maintenance and regular update of a clinical trial competitive intelligence database
- Be responsible for the review of medical publications
- Be responsible for key consultants mapping for specific support in clinical trials
- Build and maintain relationships with key clinical experts in the field of targeted pathologies with Medical Director
- Collaborate with the Head of Clinical Operations for key clinical activities (e.g., elaboration of clinical study plans, budget forecasts)
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced scientific degree (MD/PhD)
- 5+ years of experience in managing international Phase I to Phase III clinical trials
- In-depth knowledge of drug development of central nervous system pathologies
- Personal features include:
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, analyse and communicate key information
- Strong interpersonal skills for building networks with key experts and ensuring the interface with internal departments
- Ability to adapt priorities to meet company needs while maintaining effectiveness
- Leadership and project management skills
- Good spoken and written English are required
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Russell on +44 203 8246 104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.