Senior Research Officer Upstream Processing
Our client, a global biotechnology company with a strong presence in the biosimilars field, is currently seeking to hire a Senior Upstream Development Scientist to be based in Switzerland on a permanent basis.
- Actively drive and support technology transfer of Late Upstream Processes to the manufacturing team, and external CMOs for Phase I and Phase II production.
- Participate in the process development/validation of New Biologics, i.e. state of the art production of monoclonal antibodies (Mabs) in mammalian cells (CHO) from benchtop bioreactors to Phase I/II clinical trial production scale.
- Drive continuous efforts to improve and characterize Late Upstream Processes and process development platforms.
- Represent Late Upstream Process Development team in a matrix organization.
- Participate in the preparation of regulatory documents (IMPD/IND etc).
Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant industry experience or PhD with experience in biotechnology, chemical engineering or a related discipline
- Proven mammalian cell culture experience, including hands-on experience with large scale disposable (200L and beyond) or stainless-steel bioreactors
- Experience in scale up, process control methods and process validation is highly desirable
- Experience with small scale SU bioreactors is a plus
- Fluency in English is a must, French is highly desirable but not a must
- Must be available to travel up to 4 weeks
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nisha Patel on +44 203 8618 210 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.