Global Category Manager Clinical Services
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Global Category Manager Clinical Services, you will be based in the desirable area of Basel, Switzerland. This is a chance to join a top healthcare organisation who provide an innovative range of diagnostic solutions and medicines. This is a contract role.
- To develop and refine category strategy including determination, implementation and management of the applicable governance structure
- To liaison with company stakeholders (PD, pRED, gRED, GPS and GMA/gMED) to ensure that the category strategy is aligned
- Drives and is accountable for the global contracting process with suppliers safeguarding the company’s best interests at all times. Sets strategies to manage pricing negotiations ensuring competitive market prices are applied. Will drive and contributes to the over departmental savings objectives.
- Benchmark and evaluate the market to identify potential suppliers. Strategically sources, allocates and manages preferred suppliers aligned with the company’s guidelines and regulations. Fully drives/coordinates the Request for X (RFI, RFP) process.
- To maintain an oversight of the category including ongoing management of spend and demand (including identification of efficiency and value adding opportunities)
- Analyze Market, Category and Supplier, including financial risks, Spend history, trends, demands and forecasts
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology
- Facilitate senior level review and concurrence on sourcing strategies, including sponsorship and resource allocations.
- Facilitates and coordinates the implementation of the category strategy ensuring the company’s Global Procurement Directives are met. Provides tools, support and guidance for effective spend and budget management practices.
- Manages supplier's performance and performs risk management. Develops and maintains metrics of procurement i.e. key performance indicators and continuously improves the outcomes measured
- Decision-Making Authority: Commercial recommendations to business for supplier selection. Grants exceptions to bypass the procurement process. Reports non-compliant behavior. Maintains accountability for commercial contract terms.
Skills and Requirements:
- University degree is preferred, MBA desirable, preferably science and clinical development experience.
- Procurement related training and qualification is desirable
- Five years of experience in procurement, preferably in Scientific/Clinical procurement and sourcing of services
- Extensive relevant experience in Pharmaceutical Development, CRO experience and functionality as well as the management of clinical trials including previous functional and/or team leadership skills
- Excellent influencing, convincing and interpersonal skills, enabling you to engage and manage expectations of senior management, particularly Finance and R&D Operations
- Self-motivated / driven and able to work autonomous if needed
- Willingness and ability to cope well with time pressure and changing deadlines Proven track record for delivering strategic initiatives within timeline and budget constraints
- Significant domestic and international travel - approx. 10%
- Project management / Program management: Demonstrated ability in leading complex projects to successful and on time completion
- Highly effective at initiating and leading cross functional teams by building internal and external relationships that create alignment
- Risk and financial analysis skills and the ability to interpret and utilize key financial data
- Excellent written and verbal communication, influencing and persuasion skills
- Experience of working in international matrix organizations across functions and cultures
- Demonstrated strategic agility with ability to take a process or project into implementation
- Strong business and team leadership and strategic agility; strategic thinker with superior financial acumen.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to be able to engage and manage expectations of senior management, particularly Finance and R&D Ops.
- Fluent English language written & spoken (second language desirable)
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call James Mackinnon on +44 207 4400 638 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.