Patient Support Partner
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Patient Support Partner, you will be based in the desirable area of Basel, Switzerland. This is a chance to join a top healthcare organisation who provide an innovative range of diagnostic solutions and medicines. The PSP is a patient facing expert for patients and families with Rare Diseases and functions as a liaison between patients and the company. He or she is a passionate patient-focused problem-solver, who can work with a diverse group of stakeholders to resolve issues and support patients. The PSP will be responsible for engaging cross-functional internal stakeholders, Patient Groups, vendors, investigative site staff, and other external partners to support patients and their families who are considering participating in a clinical trial. The PSP will solve hurdles related to logistics, travel, and schedules that could other prevent a patient and family from participating in the clinical programme(s). The PSP does not provide medical consultation.
- Tracking, planning and processes
- Develop communication workflows and processes between stakeholders, ie. The company, clinical trial sites, Patient Groups and vendors
- Develop tracking and planning tools and metrics
- Design and implement a Risk Management Plan related to activities within scope
- Communication with patients and families
- Function as the single point of contact between patient and sponsor
- Respond to in-bound communications from patients, patient groups or physicians in a timely and responsible manner, in close coordination with company teams (e.g. related to interest studies)
- Willing to potentially work non-traditional hours as dictated by patient needs
- Assist patient/family with clinical trial site communications, leveraging translators as needed
- Cross functional internal and external working
- Connect the patient with Patient Groups and additional resources as needed
- Work with vendors to develop lodging, financial, travel plans, assisting with temporary/permanent relocation as needed, including co-ordination of visas, travel logistics and other immigration requirements
- Work with company teams to appropriately leverage functional expertise
- Work with company country affiliates to obtain regulatory and legal guidance and ensure timely resolution of diverse issues
- Set expectations with family/patients regarding clinical trial participation
- Maintain patient confidentiality between patient/family and study teams ensuring data integrity and blinding are maintained
Skills and requirements:
- A passion for addressing the critical unmet medical needs of patients
- A self-directed individual who can work with appropriate direction in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Professional experience in a relevant discipline (Life Science, Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Social Work, Patient Organisation)
- Proven track record (ideally 5-10 years) of engagement with patients and Patient groups in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience in Rare Disease drug development is an advantage
- Ability to forge authentic, trust-based, mutually productive relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, influence without authority, negotiate conflict situations and effectively communicate across all levels within organisations
- Highly collaborative team player, who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
- Outstanding communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call James Mackinnon on +44 207 4400 638 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.