Senior Packaging Engineer
Here is a chance to join one of the most globally known pharmaceutical organisations, who is looking to hire a Senior Packaging Engineer based in Schaffhausen, Switzerland. This job will be working a top 10 pharmaceutical company that works across a range of industries from medical devices to pharmaceutical and consumer goods, operating in over 60 countries. The Senior Engineer will provide packaging engineering support to technical design and standards for packaging equipment, secondary/ tertiary packaging technical transfer and new product launch projects for all of our clients packaging sites and external contracting sites, as applicable. This includes but is not limited to secondary/ tertiary packaging design, material qualification, transport qualification including cold chain, qualification of packaging manufacturing equipment and design transfer activities for combination products, vials and solid dosage forms. This position will also be in a close collaboration with other functional areas (Technical Operations Device CoE, Packaging Operations, Planning, New Product Launch Team, Supply Chain Development Leads, Technical Launch Integrators, site Packaging Engineers, packaging equipment and packaging materials vendors, among others).
- Collaborate on Packaging and/or Technical Operations initiatives as required, based on business needs.
- As required, design and develop secondary/ tertiary packages for optimal equipment and process compatibility, considering patient/end user preferences and limitations.
- Provide technical input for primary packaging equipment, materials and packages to the PDMS team in order to assure compatibility between primary and secondary packaging processes.
- Design transfer /technology transfer/commercialization activities including process and equipment qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Collection of design transfer documentation for consideration within the Design History File
- Review and approve the following packaging documents: packaging component specifications, Packaging Bills Of Materials, Packaging component drawings, design history files (for combination products), Technical Design Requirements (TDR's), risk/criticality assessment and procedures for bulk and finished drug product.
- Authoring of Technical Development/ Transfer Plans for Secondary/ Tertiary Packaging project.
- Preparation and oversight of packaging development activities including preparation and organization of transportation studies.
- Provide support to physical & cold chain shipping studies, line trial, packaging material qualifications, child resistant requirements, human factor studies and patient centric design.
- Achieve timely resolution of secondary packaging project related operational deficiencies, as required.
- Participates in risk remediation/reduction and drive toward root cause and robust corrective action/preventative action to improve process reliability.
Skills and Requirements:
- Candidates shall have broad scientific or engineering expertise with demonstrable results to deliver new products or sustain existing products.
- Knowledge of packaging equipment is required.
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings is required.
- Secondary/ Tertiary Material packaging experience is required, Primary packaging material is a plus, package equipment qualification/validation knowledge is a plus.
- Understanding of cGMP, Good Documentation Practices, and Regulations is required.
- Knowledge of temperature control/cold chain distribution and its application to pharma & medical device products is preferred.
- The ability to lead and/or support multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- The ability to perform root cause investigations and write technical documents.
- In addition, this position requires project management skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills.
- This position will require a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Candidates who possess a degree in Mechanical, Biomechanical or Materials Engineering are preferred. Candidates who possess a process excellence certification are also preferred.
- This position requires a minimum of 3 years of packaging engineering and/or design, or relevant experience is required.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. German is a surplus.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nick Dietz on +44 203 3193 033 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.