A3 Category Manager (f/m)
A3 Category Manager (f/m) Apply Job ID 3008963 Location Sweden; Meyrin, Switzerland Date posted 05/15/2017
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as: blended reality technology, 3D printing, multi-function printing, Ink in the office, tablets, phablets, notebooks and mobile workstations.
As a result of aggressive plans to ramp our A3 Portfolio and our Contractual Business we require an additional Category Manager for our A3 MFP business immediately.
The successful candidate will work within the GWE (General Western Europe) Category Team and be accountable for :
- Development and implementation of the A3 and Contractual Category business plans and product portfolios;
- Assessing customer trends and competitive landscape-
- Soliciting input from direct and indirect sales teams, and from key account customers/partners to identify product strength, functional or positioning challenges
- Expertly integrating product launch initiatives and market campaigns to leverage active marketing programs
- Product Life Cycle management; Pricing Advocacy - Forecasting & Reporting - Business Control
- Provide, Review and Commit, on an on-going basis the business results in its various dimensions (revenue/margin/shipments/units/share)
- Optimize revenue, profit and new business creation, specifically in the areas of Market Analysis
- Drive the forecasting and business management aspects of the category linked to the new LSP model that requires additional country workload
- Work closely with GTM Teams on regular competitive price benchmarking and provide advocacy for same with EMEA Category and GBU Teams
- Product Category development through Education, Communication; and Selling, working directly with all our GTM Teams and product/trade marketing organizations.
- Actively engage with and drive sales forces to ensure that short/midterm selling activities reflect product availability, and Go-To Market strategies,
- Collaborate closely with direct and indirect sales to identify and decide discounts, promotions, and deal pricing that keep products competitive in local markets and key accounts, in alignment with financial objective.
- Educate local sales force on products and key positioning messages to generate interest and gain mind-share.
- Provide Solutions Country Category in country, driving our Printing Security leadership
- Provide support for new selling motions (i.e PaaS) that will require additional Category support
- Full participation as part of the GWE Printing Category Team
Experience and skills required:
- University degree or equivalent
- Preferred experience in Sales/Marketing or Finance
- Preferred prior working knowledge in a similar Category Role
- Operational Market research - Understanding of Product Life Cycle challenges and levers to address.
- Understanding/Practice of sales processes in the IT industry, specifically Contractual Sales Motions, Managed Print, etc…..
- Business planning skills being multidimensional - Financial planning and modelling skills, business planning and reporting
- Strong communication skills, negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners senior management internally and externally
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
- Contractual Print industry knowledge. Sales skills and account management
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing).
What do we offer?
Due to extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, HP is one of the world´s most attractive employer. We make equal opportunities, the achievement of work-life balance and constantly career options our goals.
Interested? Apply right now directly via our Job Portal.
You can also find us on:
As a standard part of our hiring process we conduct candidate screenings including CV and education checks.