BMS is committed to fundamentally transform cancer care through its immuno-oncology platform – making it possible for patients to live longer, better lives. The Territory Manager I-O is one of the key positions that will communicate the BMS leadership position in this area by leveraging the introduction of innovative products as a first representative of this new class of therapies.
Reporting to the Sales Manager Oncology, the Territory Manager I-O will have as a core objective to develop and drive all existing and new client relations within the assigned territory and Therapeutic area. By educating customers on the use, characteristics, advantages, indicated treatments and all other developments related to promoted products, he / she will be expected to achieve assigned sales targets. In this position, the Territory Manager will be expected to set new standards in the Swiss Oncology market regarding level of entrepreneurship in the management of the assigned sales territory including Account Management, customer centricity and level of interpersonal skills, level of product knowledge and capability to support customers with scientific facts to facilitate the decision making process in the respective indication.
While the BMS Swiss offices are located in Cham, the Territory Manager I-O will be responsible for the region Bern, Basel and Aargau, with the opportunity to be home based.
In order to enable success in the role, key areas of focus will include:
Customer relationship, external communication
- Position BMS as the leader in immuno-oncology.
- Develop and maintain high quality customer relations, looking for mutual long-term benefits across the entire customer portfolio, i.e. with treating doctors, Regional Opinion Leaders and Key Opinion Leaders.
- Seek in-depth information from customers in order to thoroughly understand their needs and look for effective ways to deliver and share these insights internally.
- Respond to the identified customer needs and seek feedback after activities. Circle back within the Brand Team.
- Communicate clearly, logically, and concisely in a variety of settings including one-on-one sessions, formal group presentations, written communication, etc.
Territory analysis, planning, and management, internal communication
- Establish an entrepreneurial approach for territory management.
- Proactively analyze the territory as well as the underlying customer portfolio including past and current performances, both with BMS and competitors.
- Closely monitor competitor’s activities in the market place and share insights within the team.
- Continuously search for incremental improvements as well as innovative ideas to achieve competitive superiority.
- Consolidate and document insights into the Action Planning in close co-ordination with the sales manager.
- Ensure that the Action Planning, promotional meeting program, and brand messages are aligned with the overall brand marketing strategy.
- Take personal ownership and responsibility for achieving sales and market share targets as defined by the sales manager.
- Specifically, take ownership of the customer action plan and coordinate with colleagues in sales, marketing, market access, business effectiveness and planning (BEP), medical, and regulatory.
- Track planned activities according to the customer action plan and ensure successful execution.
- Ensure regular participation in territory performance reviews, assessments, and action planning to improve results.
Product and indication knowledge
- Exhibit a best in class level of franchise, product, and indication knowledge, including that of competitor products.
- Continuously improve product and indication knowledge through training programs, published data in scientific literature, BMS use cases and through attendance of symposia and congresses.
Compliance with standards of practice, rules and regulations (field activities)
- Ensure that all materials used for customer communications are in line with promotional messages and full approval has been received for materials and meetings in compliance with BMS standards of practice.
- Ensure that all field activities and behaviors are in compliance with BMS rules, SOPs and rules and regulations of Swiss law and the Pharmacodex.