HEAD OF WAREHOUSING
Purpose of the post
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
The Head of Warehousing - at the Logistics Supply Center in Satigny - ensures that general warehousing activities are properly carried out in line with the ICRC´s standard operating procedures (SOPs), paying particular attention to the European Union Guidelines on Good Distribution Practice (GDPs) and Swiss Federal Aviation Office (OFAC) regulations. S/he organizes and plans the ICRC´s warehousing activities and has final responsibility for inventory. S/he also contributes to continuous improvements in supply-chain efficiency. He/She also ensures the integrity of supply by maintaining and implementing warehousing operation standards, policies and procedures in line with ICRC guidelines and according to Good Distribution Practices for medicinal products.
S/he has the responsibility of a team of 25 people in a warehouse holding 4’500 line items with a value of dispatched goods that amounts currently to 35 mio CHF.
He/She is overseeing all activities linked to Reception, Storage, Preparation and Dispatch of goods stored in / or passed through the LSC in Geneva (GVA).
Main duties and resposibilties
- Supervises the reception and checks of the deliveries and the control of conformity of the goods from Suppliers, incl. packing and documentation
- Controls and follow-up the quantity and quality of Goods stored in the warehouse including rotation of stock according to FIFO and / or FEFO, pest control, hygiene, temperature….
- Prevents, corrects and investigates discrepancies between physical and computerized stock in GVA.
- Controls the preparation and shipment process and ensures matching between "Dispatch" data and physical stock in shipment zone.
- Guarantees adequate storage, smooth flow of goods and coherent data exchange between outsourced warehouse providers and corresponding centralized Data management in GVA, incl. Stocktaking and Inventory management (for warehouses in Kuala Lumpur and Rotterdam).
- Ensures the maintenance / calibration if relevant of warehouse equipment and assets including follow–up of external Service Providers
- Segregates expiry goods upon request of pharmacists and organizes disposal.
- Ensures the accuracy of the data entered (quantity received, expiry dates, batch &serial numbers, manufacturers, warehouse locations etc...) and coherence with the physical flow of goods.
- Manages the dashboard with quality indicators (inventory losses, expired goods, claims, claims analysis report, etc...)
- Organizes Inventories and maintains track of all modifications/claims for auditing purpose.
- Ensures the safety of the warehouse personnel and is the focal point for the maintenance and security the warehouse
- Participates in the writing of quality documents such as Standard Operating Procedures and train relevant staff accordingly
- Participates in internal Quality Audits
Education and experience required
- Overall 10 years of experience, including a minimum of 5 in a similar role
- Experience in managing large teams in Warehousing or Shipping Industry
- Experience in the Humanitarian sector with major Assistance programs and Warehouse operations, an asset
- Experience with the ICRC and good knowledge of ICRC Logistics procedures and products and knowledge of ERP software (JDE or equivalent), an asset
- Good Knowledge of the Good Distribution Practices guidelines for medicinal products, an asset
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in both French and English (written and spoken)
Desired profile and skills
- Strong management skills, with experience in process optimization and change management
- Autonomous and proactive with the ability to take initiatives
- Professionalism, integrity, interpersonal skills, accountable and client focused.
- Quality and solution oriented, rigorous
- Strong analytical skills and IT literate
- Location : Geneva
- Type of contract : Open-ended
- Activity rate : 100%
- Estimated start date : August/September 2018
- Application deadline : Wednesday, 21st February 2018