Premix Operations Manager Animal Nutrition & Health EMEA
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Do you want to operate in an excelling environment, combining Operations with Demand & Supply plans and Sales outlook? Then this job would be something for you. Within DNP ANH we are currently looking for a:
Premix Operations Manager ANH EMEA
The Premix Operations Manager must be able to communicate and translate commercial strategy into operational reality. Regular communication with finance, commercial management, technical marketing, human resources, sales/account management, IT and customers is critical for gauging progress against goals and expectations both internally and externally.
The purpose will be:
- Ensure our regional premix footprint is optimized to meet our overall strategy, reflecting market demand, competitive position, and appropriate technology.
- Capex Strategy and Execution
- Investments and Divestments
- Drive the focus on premix Cash Value Add (CVA) and each of the levers, including:
- Total Direct and Indirect costs,
- Operating Working Capital (OWC),
- Warehousing, Freight / Logistics
- Participating in business case development that require investment in new or existing facilities.
- Support continuous improvement in SHE, Quality and Operational Excellence.
- Ensure consistency in our Premix Organisational Model, Talent Strategy, Execution and Training.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external guidelines and directives.
- Ensure that all COA and other audit findings are followed up on and implemented within agreed time frames.
- Ensure plant score cards are maintained and up-to-date and reviewed with each site.
Implementation & execution of the above will be as part of a global team an under the functional guidance of the VP Global Premix Operations.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting and coordination of Plant Operations based on agreed targets in alignment with ANH Management.
- Develops and implements together with ANH management the strategy for the ANH premix business.
- Manage regional investment projects, in conjunction with the site-responsible management (General manager, Ops manager, finance, purchasing, QA & SHE), within prescribed objectives including profitability (guided by the CVA concept) and product portfolio.
- Capex budget management, implementation, coordination, planning and controlling in collaboration with ANH management and Finance as well as ANH Premix sites.
- Operational budget controlling in conjunction with Global, Regional & Site-responsible management
- Operating Working Capital focus and optimization at a site level.
- Acts as the regional interface with DNP global and regional stakeholders including IT
- Technical development and implementation on the ANH premix sites
- Technical support to customers on a cost warranted Value Added basis in conjunction with the responsible management
- Work in close coordination particularly with Regional Commercial Management, Regulatory Affairs and Customer Services to ensure policies and guidelines are disseminated and adhered to in the region
- Define and implement a dynamic process of continuous improvement of operational efficiency across DNPE ANH Premix sites,
- Ensures that standards are applied and maintained for premix quality (Best Practice), production technology and Safety, Health, and Environment which are in line with DNP guidelines as well as market expectations
- Define technical plant specifications aligned with DNP global specification
- Ensure consistency in our premix organizational model, talent strategy, execution and training.
- In conjunction with Regional and Global ANH leadership, monitors and where appropriate, manages, develops and implements investment proposals for projects including:
- Coordinating and setting-up an investment business case
- Coordinating development and obtaining approval of credit application
- Technical design
- Key Vendor selection and management
- Post project audits
- Participates in Global Blends projects and working groups as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor level, technical or engineering degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Operations, Supply Chain, and/or Business Management.
- Strong business acumen with problem-solving capabilities
- Basic knowledge of European feed law, and European safety, health and environment standards.
- A minimum of 10 years of plant management experience in a blending operation, preferably with premix industry experience and basic animal nutrition training are essential to being effective in this position.
- Good understanding of other disciplines including SHE and quality
- Multi-year practical experience in project management
- Ability to undertake project and design evaluations and understand financial
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO, FAMI QS and SAP and feed related EU regulatory issues are essential tools in managing ANH Operations.
- Clear leadership potential with strong people and coaching skills.
- Strong team leader and extensive experience managing multiple tasks, priorities and cultures in a dynamic business environment.
- In depth knowledge of complete business cycle including sales and all order to cash processes.
- Strategic approach - clear view of critical priorities and interdependencies.
- Pragmatic, with good self-organizational skills.
- Able to engage and contribute in functional discussions.
- Represent premix & associated functions as part of the regional management team.
- Able to speak with authority within the job context and represent the region in a professional manner.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com or connect on