We are looking for Android developers (part time or full time) to work within our team of experienced software engineers, building high-performance systems by using cutting-edge technologies. You will both teach and learn in an innovative and fast-paced agile environment, and be responsible for the delivery of key product features crucial to our success.
smARTravel is an open platform for museums and cities that highlights local culture and art in a globalized context.
Innovation is key to what we do and since we’re a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. For more information, please download smARTravel app.
Chiasso is a small and sunny city in south Switzerland, near the Italian border; you will feel the high quality Swiss standards, while at the same time being able to enjoy Italian cities such as Como, Milan or Florence, all reachable within 1-3 hours.
- Hands-on development: analyze product specifications, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver Android app feature designs
- Contribute with technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Maintain and build systems, write unit tests in JAVA
- Product-focused Android application development experience (2-5 years)
- Portfolio of consumer facing high-performance Android applications available in the marketplace
- Advanced Android SDK / Java skills
- Strong knowledge of Android API capabilities at different levels, framework components and lifecycles
- Good understanding of design patterns & Object Orientated Programming
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development
- Solid communication skills and team-working capabilities
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and passion for quality
- Qualified candidates receive feedback concerning their application from our recruiting team
- Based on role and experience, candidate might be requested to solve a coding exercise to submit on a public repository on Github. Exercise will be assessed by our internal engineering team
- Onsite coding interview: a coding exercise to be solved in your favorite programming language will be reviewed by our engineering team
- Onsite trial day: 1 day working with the team on a real feature that will be shipped on our applications