Mechanical Sensors Engineer - Aerospace
Aerospace Mechanical Sensors Engineers
Meggitt PLC is a global engineering group specialised in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets. Some 11'000 people are employed across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North America and regional bases in Brazil, India and the Middle East.
Meggitt Fribourg's site provides its expertise to the four strategic business units of Meggitt PLC. Meggitt Fribourg is employing 600 employees. We develops, manufactures and sells world-wide a complete range of transducers and electronic systems for the monitoring of engines, turbines and other rotating machinery in both the aerospace and energy industries.
To further strengthen our Strategy, Engineering & Technology department, we are currently looking for an "AEROSPACE MECHANICAL SENSORS ENGINEER".
As "Mechanical Sensors Engineer" you will have the responsibility to develop new mechanical products as per GQMS processes; to develop units using MEMS (Micro electro mechanical systems), Piezo Electric Material or Optical Sensors and their associated cables assemblies and/or maintain existing one. In addition numerical models and experimental test benches for product validation have to be developed.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Design, calculate, sketch new mechanical products.
- Conception, Validation and Verification of developed products.
- Development of technical optimal solutions taking into account Quality, Cost and Delivery, within the respect of the applicable standards.
- Generate the Development file (all the artefacts defined in the development process) and validate the configuration tracking of the development prototypes, and establish the required documentation according to development processes in place.
- Define and control development tests as well as ensure availability of test results.
- Participate to internal and external reviews according to development process and customer's needs.
- Define adapted production processes and materials in collaboration with process and material specialists.
- Actively contribute to Research and Technology development work, in the field of MEMS sensors (microelectromechanical systems, Piezo electric sensors and Optical sensors.
- Development of technical optimal solutions taking into account Quality, Cost and Delivery, within the respect of the applicable standards and development processes.
- Act as subject matter expert by providing support to colleagues to solve technical issues and propose solutions.
- University Degree in Engineering (microtechnics)
- 10 years' experience in Mechanical/Sensors Engineering activities, experience in complying with engineering development process, preferably in the Aerospace sector
- Excellent knowledge in piezo components, MEMS (Optical sensor is a plus) and their associated cable assembly
- Strong knowledge in numerical modeling and FEA computation
- Ability to understand and contextualize customer needs
- Team Player, good communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are looking for a challenging position with opportunity to grow in a truly international company, please send your application (resume, letter of motivation, reference letters and diploma) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
Tel: +41 26 407 1111
Meggitt SA, Rte de Moncor 4, PO Box 1616, CH-1701 Fribourg, Switzerland
Fax: +41 26 407 1660 www.meggitt.com
Rte de Moncor 4 PO Box 1616 1701 Fribourg